The Apeks XL4+is a compact and versatile regulator based on the original XL4 but it has been updated with an additional high pressure port and a stylish new colour.
The XL4+ is a lightweight regulator that lends itself to travel diving but it is also certified for cold water use so it also a great regulator for all environments.
The first stage uses the same over-balanced diaphragm design as found in the rest of the Apeks first stage and incorporates a heat exchanger for cold water performance and is also environmentally sealed to to help protect the internal components from freezing ice and contaminants. There are four low pressure ports and two high pressure ports to offer plenty of hose routing options and the ability to mount an analogue pressure gauge as well as a wireless transmitter.
The second stage is finished with a lightweight white body, satin metal components and a black mouthpiece and exhaust cover. The compact second stage features a balanced valve for excellent performance and smooth breathing, diver adjustable venturi control, a heat exchanger on the inlet for improved cold water performance, a compact exhaust tee and the Apeks comfo-bite mouthpiece.
The regulator includes a white braided low pressure hose.
- Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- White flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-usable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
- This octopus is based on the XL4 Second Stage Designed for coldwater with the performance you expect from an Apecks pneumatically balanced valve
- Diver adjustable venturi control
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee
- The unit has a high visibility yellow accent pieces and a 36" braided yellow hose